Photo Courtesy of The Landmark
Celebrate Dia de los Muertos this weekend with many events in McAllen! Spend time at the McAllen Convention Center on Saturday for the Tecate Catrina Music Fest, check out the Jarritos® Dia de los Muertos Party at The Landmark on Friday, and end Sunday at the Tres Lagos Farmers Market! Read on to discover the many other activities you can attend this weekend!
Friday, November 1st
Photo Courtesy of Tecate Catrina Music Fest
Saturday, November 2nd
- This is the last Saturday to explore the Sooo Bony Trail at Quinta Mazatlán. Enjoy a variety of programs from 8:30 AM until 4:00 PM. There is a park admission fee of $3 per person.
- Shop locally at the McAllen Farmers Market from 10:00 AM until 1:00 PM.
- Paint calavera art, learn about skeletons, or stop by a vendor market and more during the Dia de los Muertos Festival at IMAS from 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM. For a list of admission fees, please click here.
- Dia de los Muertos: Design & Create Your Own Mask will be held at Kaboom Comics from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM. There is a fee of $8 per participant. Online registration is required. Click here.
- Mental Tools for Sport and Life is a sport psychology conference for parents and coaches. This event will be held at the McAllen Public Library Auditorium from 10:30 AM until 12:30 PM. Tickets are available for $25.
- Practice Yoga at the Farmer’s Market from 11:30 AM until 12:30 PM.
- Experience the largest Dia de los Muertos celebration, Tecate Catrina Music Fest at the McAllen Convention Center Festival Grounds, from 12:00 PM until 12:00 AM. Tickets are available online, click here to purchase.
- Nature Journaling will be held at Quinta Mazatlán from 12:00 PM until 1:00 PM. There is a park admission fee of $3 per person.
- Enjoy local vendors, food trucks, and face painting during Dia de los Muertos Market Days at Goma Boutique from 12:00 PM until 6:00 PM.
- Saturday Storytime – Dia de los Muertos will be held at the McAllen Public Library from 2:00 PM until 3:00 PM.
- Meet and Greet with AEW Superstar Shawn Spears at Hobbies & Heroes from 4:30 PM until 6:30 PM. Meet and greet tickets are $35 per person.
- Dia de los Muertos Dance Party with DJ Robert Ceballos will be held at Austin St. Bar from 6:00 PM until 2:00 AM.
- Join your local New Leaders Council chapter at Dia de Muertos Celebration at Grain to Glass from 7:00 PM until 10:00 PM. There is a general admission fee of $20 per person, click here to purchase.
- You’re invited to the Special Edition of Salome on Main’s Agave Club! Dia de los Muertos on the Patio at Salome on Main will be held from 7:00 PM until 10:00 PM. There is a fee of $75 per person, click here to purchase.
Photo Courtesy of Tres Lagos
Sunday, November 3rd
- Enjoy a bike ride with the Sun & Ski Sports Team during their Sunday Sapo Gravel Ride from 7:00 AM until 10:00 AM. Meet at their La Plaza Mall location and don’t forget your helmet and water bottle!
- Join the RGV French Club November Potluck Lunch at Cine El Rey from 12:30 PM until 1:00 PM. Bring your best French-inspired meal in honor of National French Week and stay for a showing of Après Vous after the potluck.
- Take advantage of the Free Family Sunday Funday at the IMAS from 1:00 PM until 5:00 PM.
- Make-N-Take Crafts at the McAllen Public Library is set from 2:00 PM until 3:00 PM. Stop by for a fun craft, make one at the library, or take it with you!
- Bring your little one for stories, signs, and playtime during Baby Storytime! This event will be held at the McAllen Public Library from 4:00 PM until 5:00 PM.
- Enjoy fresh, seasonal fruits and veggies, live music, food trucks, and more at Tres Lagos Farmer’s Market from 2:00 PM until 5:00 PM.
- Join a staff member for a fun arts and crafts activity during Art in the Park. This event will be held at the McAllen Nature Center from 6:00 PM until 7:00 PM. There is a suggested donation fee of $1 per person.
- Campfire Tales with David Bowles is scheduled at the McAllen Public Library from 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM.
Have a Great Weekend, Explorers!
Show us how you explore McAllen! Tag us in your photos or use #exploremcallen and #mcalleneats for a chance to be featured on our social media accounts.